Sunday, November 9, 2008

Interventions

Having almost extinguished my research opptions, I came cross the sight "Australian Institute of Criminology" this sight covers several topics on arsonists. There are links on this sight that speak on the prevention of arson, the treatment of arsonists, programs to help young arsonist, and many different related topics. The information in this article is based off of research done in Australia, and the cases of arson done there. the thesis I pulled from "Australian Institute of Criminology" is that arsonist is actually preventable, and that if caught and treated can be "cured". According the article; "Two main approaches are used in these intervention programs: educational and psychosocial." The intervention programs mentioned above, are those that involve both young children (5-10 years of age), and older children ( 10-17 years of age)

The information contained in the articles within this sight were most in lighting, and have helped me to considerably further my knowledge of arsonists. This article gave me several different points of view on the treatment of arsonists, and also raised questions which have been helpful to me in helping me to continue my research.

No comments: